With little more than the stroke of a pen, the government can seize enormous assets that belong to you or your business – and then you bear the burden of proving that you should have your property back. DGR lawyers have deep experience – and have had much success – in this arcane, specialized and often-overlooked area of the law.
- Represented numerous claimants seeking to recover assets – including cash, aircraft, real property, and vessels – in civil and criminal forfeiture cases.
- Represented shipping company in forfeiture actions brought by federal government concerning cash paid for shipping services by South American customers.
- Represented Venezuelan in suit to recover misappropriated funds from a currency exchange transaction involving dollars and bolivares. Successful resolution through settlement.
- Represented claimants, including a psychiatric hospital and nursing home, in ancillary criminal forfeiture proceedings to federal Medicare fraud convictions. Was successful in obtaining the release and return of all corporate assets.
- Represent lenders when secured assets are frozen by the government due to allegations of criminal conduct.
- Represented numerous skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities in connection with government seizure and forfeitures actions stemming from Medicare fraud indictment of a principal. Successfully sold business assets and protected the equity from forfeiture.